Star Wars the movie makes a comeback with the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which will be the eighth movie from the Star Wars films. It is also becoming the second work of the latest Star Wars trilogy started by Star Wars: The Force Awakens released in 2015. The movie is produced by LucasFilm and globally distributed by Walt Disney Studios. The movie is starred by celebrated names such as Mark Gamill, Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, John Boyega, Lupita Nyong’o, Anthony Daniels, Domhnall Glesson and a number of new faces participating in the movie like Benicio del Toro, Kelly Marie Tran and Laura Dern. Furthermore, famous figures such as Prince William and Prince Harry will make cameo appearance in the artwork released this December. Still, the news needs to be clarified.
Here are the casts and the characters of the movie to consider prior to watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi:
Stars and Characters in Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker – a powerful Master Jedi who alienates himself to the Planet Ahch-To, and son to Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala
- Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa – twin sister of Luke, former Princess of Alderaan, and the general who leads the Resistance. Star Wars: The Last Jedi is the last movie starred by Fisher. She died on December 27th 2016 after completing her role in this work.
- Adam Driver as Kylo Ren – the loyal servant to the Supreme Leader Snoke who is strong due to the dark side of The Force and also being the leader of the Knights of Ren. He was born as Ben Solo, son of Han Solo and Leia Organa, Luke Skywalker’s nephew, grandson of Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala
- Daisy Ridley as Rey – a scavenger who is able to feel the power of The Force, comes from Planet Jakku and then joins the Resistance and seeks Luke Skywalker’s whereabouts
- John Boyega as Finn – former ‘stormtrooper’ soldier from the First Order who makes personal turn and joins the Resistance
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron – a jet fighter pilot in the Resistance
- Andy Serkis as the Supreme Leader Snoke – a mysterious leader from the First Order and serves as the teacher to Kylo
- Lupita Nyong’o as Maz Kanata – a hijacker and and old friend of Han Solo and Chewbacca
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux – former station head of the Starkiller of the First Order
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO – a humanoid android protocol who serves Leia Organa
- Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma – the commander of stormtrooper soldiers of the First Order
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico – a group member of the Resistance whose duty is to make repairs
- Laura Dern as Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo – an officer in the Resistance
- Benicio del Toro – an anonymous character
- Peter Mayhew and Joonas Suotamo plays the role of Chewbacca
- Mike Quinn as Nien Nunb
- Timothy D. Rose as Admiral Ackbar
- Billi Lourd as Liutenant Connix
- Simon Pegg as Unkar Plutt
- Jimmy Vee as R2-D2
- Prince William, Prince Harry and Tom Hardy will make cameo appearance as stormtroopers soldiers
- Gary Barlow, Gareth Edwards, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Warwick Davis, and Noah Segan also make another cameo appearances
- Veronica Ngo as Paige Tico – shooter from the Resistance’s gunner and also Rose’s sister
- Justin Theroux as an encryption penetration expert
And here is the synopsis of Star Wars: The Last Jedi
The eighth episode of the Star Wars will tell the story of Rey who takes the first step to go to the broader world compared to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens. In this journey, Rey is accompanied by Finn, Luke Skywalker and Poe.
The movie is created in an island near to the Ireland and gains its eminence due to being aired in Japan and Germany with different titles.
Compared to the previous works of the Star Wars the series, The Last Jedi will provide darker stories coupled with shocking twists by presenting the life of Skywalker along with the join of the heroes from The Force Awakens, colored by legends from galaxies in an epic experience which will reveal old mystery, i.e. The Force, and things from the past which makes the movie full of surprise.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi will show Master Yoda and Han Solo’s funeral; Han Solo is death in the previous film. This movie is rich in surprises. The shooting took place not only in Ireland, but also other shootings site as Pinewood Studio which was involved in the previous Star Wars.
Rey’s background will be fully covered here. Viewers and loyal fans of Star Wars will be surprised by her background. A spoiler of this film shows how Kylo Ren provokes Rey to come out from her hiding and catch Finn and Poe.
There is no official synopsis of the Star Wars: The Last Jedi released. But, a number of versions have appeared in public, telling what Star Wars: The Last Jedi will be. Rumours say that Rey is the reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker, the father of Luke Skywalker. Many stories appear and this make Star Wars: The Last Jedi different from the previous works.
Director: Rian Johnson
Producers: Kathleen Kennedy, Ram Bergman
Writer: Rian Johnson, Based on Characters by George Lucas
Casts: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, Benicio del Toro
Music by: John Williams
Cinematographer: Steve Yedlin
Production company: Lucasfilm Ltd.
Distributor:Walt Disney Studios, Motion Pictures
Release date: December 9, 2017 (Shrine Auditorium); December 15, 2017 (United States)
Running time: 152 minutes